Sunday, January 6, 2013

MOM'S RECIPE

Well, here we are, a new year is just beginning.  I hope your Christmas Holidays were festive and filled with joy and love of family and friends.

I was blessed to have my daughter with me during  the holidays.  We shared some laughs, good conversations and we baked together.  We made a "Pudding au chomeur"( poor man pudding cake). A French Canadian favorite. It is full of calories and sugar.  


WARNING
It is full of calories but it will make your tummy smile.

I would like to share with you my mom's recipe.

Dough
2 cups flour
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoon butter
1 cup milk

Mix first 3 ingredients together and gradually add the butter to form a granulated consistency.
Add the milk to form the dough
Loosely pat in bottom of baking dish

Sauce
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups boiling water
2 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoon vanilla

In a bowl mix all the sauce ingredient together until butter melts .
Pour over the dough in the baking dish

Put in oven at  350 for 45 minutes.
Serve with vanilla ice cream

Enjoy!!!!

(to be continued)
PS: Make it a Great Day for Yourself


















No comments:

Post a Comment