Tuesday, December 11, 2012

OPEN TO CHANGE


Well, here I go ready or not, my first blog.  I am not a writer, so I will write the way I live: simple and to the point.
As I am sitting here, putting my thoughts together, I thought it would be best to bring you to the beginning (not the beginning of my life, LOL), but the beginning of my new adventure of this next chapter of what I call my life.

I am a city girl now living in the deep country, who worked for most of my adult life. When I was not working outside the home I was raising my beautiful daughter during what most professionals call a child’s formative years.  As I look at my 23 year old daughter, and how she grew up to be a responsible, fun loving, sympathetic, giving young woman, I know I did one thing right; I raised her to be independent, teaching her to be confident and believing in herself.
Like the song says “I hope [she] dance[s]”.

I am a 55 year old woman who is now retired from the “working world”, I just came to accept this as a fact.  After 1.5 years I also came to accept that I will no longer be working outside the home, but I am working at restoring my faith in myself and others.
I do believe that when one door closes, a window opens up and I only needed to look through that window and crawl out and stand up tall.

Outside that window, I saw nature in it’s full glory and the opportunity to find -not myself, because I always know where I am- what I can be good at and even excel at on my own terms.

What do I hope to accomplish through blogging, you may ask? I would like to share my experiences of living simple and most importantly being confident and knowing that fear of the unknown can be the springboard to new adventures in our lives.

I will be sharing some of my favorite recipes, talk about my new found hobby(Loom Knitting), gardening , country living, and whatever moves me that day.

(to be continued)

PS: Make it a Great Day for Yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment